Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Greatest Generation

My last surviving grandparent passed away yesterday. My mother's father, John Redman Lambert, lived a long, full life. He was a WWII veteran that stormed Normandy and suffered through the Battle of the Bulge. He received two Purple Hearts and a Silver Star for his service to our country. MyGgrandfather was sharp as a tack--he was a great poet, editor and writer, a serious Jazz drummer in his day, and, like many of us, he loved fishing. He will be deeply missed, but I know he's in a better place now; bailing moby striped bass with a smile on his face. Rest in peace, Grandfather.

John R. Lambert   9/12/1922 - 4/24/2010

1 comment:

  1. What a terrific photo! I'm sorry - I didn't hear around the office that he had passed away.

    ReplyDelete